James VYSE was born in about 1818 in Tivetshall, Norfolk. He married Mary Ann POOL, daughter of William and Mary POOL in Bristol in about 1843. James and Mary Ann had three known children in Bristol, before migrating to Australia in 1854: Thomas, Mary Ann and Caroline. Mary Ann junior died age 5 while the family was still in Briston. James, Mary Ann, Thomas and Caroilne arrived in Meblourne in Deeember 1854 but Mary Ann died soon after.
Thomas settled in Ararat. He married Elizabeth WALKER in 1869. It is not known if they had children.
Thomas died in Araray in 1890.
Thomas and Mary Ann had the following children:
i Thomas VYSE was born about 1844 in Bristol, Somerset. He migrated with his family to Australia in 1854, aged 10 years. He married Mary Ann Kezia MOYNSEY nee BOX in 1889. Mary Ann was the daughter of John Frederick BOX and Eliza DUGGAN, born 19 July 1851 in Hunters Hill, NSW. She married Samuel Bradford MOYNSEY in about 1872 and they had eight children (the last posthumous) before Samuel died in 1886. In 1901 Thomas abandoned Mary Ann and both sons became involved in crimes that saw them sent to the Sabroan Industrial School in 1903. Mary Ann died in 1910 and Thomas died on 20 February 1915 in Ararat. Thomas and Mary Ann had the follwoing children:
- a Thomas James VYSE born on 12 December 1890 in Buangor, Victoria. He married Maud Mildred BELL on 8 October 1915. Maud was born in 1898 in Warwickshire, England, the daughter of Bertram Gustave BELL (1875-1956) and Blanche WHICKER (1878-1935). They were later divorced. Thomas and Maud had children:
- 1 Hilary VYSE was born in 1916 and died on 28 October 1934 in Brisbane, Queensland. She never married.
- 2 Shirley VYSE was born in 1918 and died in January 1922 in Gelleong, Victoria.
- 3 Pearl VYSE was born 1919 and died in 1949 in Brisbane, Queensland. She never married.
- 4 Thomas Henry VYSE was born on 13 April 1925. He married Doreen. Thomas died on 8 February 2003 in Cairns, Queensland.
- b William Richard VYSE born on 20 February 1894 in Warracknabeal, Victoria. He married Alice Mary.
ii Mary Ann VYSE was born in 1847 in Bristol, Somerset. She died in 1852.
iii Caroline VYSE was born in Bristol in 1850. She migrated with his family to Australia in 1854, aged 3 years. Caroline married Josiah EMMERTON in 1873. Caroline died in 1925 in Cheltenham, Victoria. They had at least two children:
- a Etheluyn Victoria EMMERTON was born in 1878 in Victoria.
- b Ruby Mildred EMMERTON was born in 1880 in Emerald Hill (South Melbourne), Victoria. Ruby married William GEORGE in 1906.